FULL ENVELOPE HURRICANE PROTECTION
- SAFETY – AstroGuard is high-strength, high-tenacity nylon hybrid fabric coated with a UV resistant resin, that resists wind, water, and flying debris in excess of the Category 5 hurricane (sustained winds over 156 mph), with a burst strength of well over 1,500 lbs.
- STRENGTH – Easily outranks metal panels, roll downs, accordions, plywood, and any other hurricane fabrics or panels made of a see through material, per ASTM large missile impact testing results.
- QUICK AND EASY DEPLOYMENT – Weighing only ounces per square yard, AstroGuard is easy to deploy at storm time. It also folds up neatly for easy stowing. You will never have to wrestle heavy, sharp metal panels again!
- TRANSLUCENT – The translucent material lets light in while it is deployed over your windows, doors and lanais. Say goodbye to the “cave” feeling you get from traditional hurricane shutters.
- APPROVED AND CERTIFIED – International Building Code Compliant, High Velocity Hurricane Zone Approved, Miami Dade Building Code Approved, and Florida Building Code Approved.
- COST – AstroGuard provides superior manufacturing technology that makes it affordable, and much more cost effective long term over it’s alternatives, such as metal panels or roll downs.
Save Money on Insurance Premiums
These days, many insurance companies are requiring homeowners to install approved hurricane protection. This reduces claims to the insurance carrier and protects homeowners from storm damage.
Florida law requires insurance companies to offer homeowners insurance discounts or credits for existing building features or home improvements that reduce damage and loss from hurricanes.