SHINGLE COMMERCIAL ROOFING
Asphalt shingles are the most commonly used type of shingle across North America. Today’s asphalt shingles are reinforced with a fiberglass mat or an organic material such as paper or wood fiber, and can range in life expectancy from 10 to 20 years for a typical shingle.
Great improvements to the asphalt shingle have been made, resulting in a more durable product know as laminated shingles. Laminate shingles are also made of asphalt but differ from the “three tab” shingle in design. They were designed to add character, color and depth to the roof aesthetics. They are made of multiple staggered layers of material, with a range of durability, typically 15 to 50 years. Laminate shingles are thicker and heavier than “three tab” shingles, thus are more resistant to wind.
Choose Your Level of Protection
GAF offers four distinct levels of shingle quality and protection, plus a remarkably affordable slate shingle option. We’ll help you select the one that is right for your home’s design and location.
- 3-Tab Shingles – These are a great option for homeowners on a limited budget.
- Timberline® Shingles – This No. 1-selling shingle in North America is available in a range of color profiles to update the look of your home.
- Ultra HD® Shingles – These shingles offer all the visual benefits of the Timberline® series but with advanced stain resistance and double the thickness for extreme durability.
- Lifetime Designer Shingles – Beautiful, stylish, and exceptionally durable, Designer Lifetime shingles come with a large variety of styles and colors that will make your home the envy of the neighborhood.
Maximum Protection Against Natural Disasters
According to the Institute for Business & Home Safety, more than 60% of all homes and businesses in the U.S. are vulnerable to damage from high winds. That’s why GAF’s Advanced Protection shingles are leading the way to ensure your protection.
GAF’s special Dura Grip® adhesive seals our shingles so tightly, they pass the industry’s two toughest wind resistance tests:
- ASTM D3161, Class F, 110 mph
- ASTM D7158, Class H, 150 mph